Other Legal Forms

A property investor may opt for following additional legal forms:

  • Limited partnership
  • General partnership
  • Limited liability company
  • Cooperative
    • Building association
    • Housing association

The limited partnership is occasionally used as a “capital investment vehicle” with the general partner acting as an “active investor” and the limited partners as “passive investors”.

Building associations or housing associations are popular in the social housing sector, where users must also be members of the cooperative in their capacity as tenants. Building associations are occasionally encountered which also build condominiums that are sold to end-users.

The remaining corporate structures are basically unsuited for indirect property investment.

Print / Share: